Translate

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Trip to Quito

Well y'all are probably wondering what happened to me...I've been on gasp...vacation! My mother flew in and I fly up to Quito to meet her. On Friday afternoon our friend and guide Lucia Grande took us sightseeing, if you have been following since the beginning you'll remember when I flew into Quito originally three years ago, I was with a broken ankle and could not do much, so this was fun. We went to see a crater lake, Cuicocha, Otavalo a big market and one of the Equator monuments.

And another picture I took from the Internet from above. There are boat rides, but it was too windy and cold.


Then to the cute town of Cotacachi and the Otavalo market. We chose to go on Friday, rather than Saturday for the crowd factor. There was still plenty to see, and buy.





Cute place, could have spent all day wondering and shopping, but we had much to see, oh and did I say it was cold and windy? I was freezing in my light weight beach clothes!

From there we continued to drive thru beautiful scenery, different landscapes than at the coast or in the "jungle" as we were in the Sierra region. Beautiful blue skies and big puffy white clouds, natives in tradtional clothes on the streets selling everything, and animals everywhere. Next stop was one of the two equator monuments. We arrived after hours, so there was nobody to do demonstrations, but that was ok. (They balance an egg on the equator, and show you how the toilet flushes backwards)



On the way back to the hotel and dinner, a stunning sunset Sierra style. What a great day, but Mom and I were exhausted, (I had been up since 4:45 am, and she had flown all night) we stopped for pizza and beer before hitting the sheets, and boy they felt good.



Tomorrow is another day, so much more to see and do...so, stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment