Translate

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Maykel's Cumpleanos

I was recently asked if I would be interested in attending a young boy's birthday, and I said "of course!". I do not know this boys parents, I do know his father died three years ago, when Maykel was the tender age of 4, and he is family of our "other Nexar" the fisherman from in front of the beach house.

I thought maybe the boys father was a son of Nexar, but maybe his mother is related to Nexars wife. Anyway, however they are related doesnt matter, the invitation was heart warming and Im so glad I went. Maykel was having such a wonderful time!


The invitation said 2pm, and Ive been to enough parties I knew that was waaay to early to go. I'd never been to their house either, so when I asked where it was, the kids said they would come get me. They came at 2:30ish, and I said I needed a little more time, I would be there by 4, they said ok, down by the church, listen for the dancing.


Pictures was like wrangling cats. First one with the boys, then with the girls, then with his older brother and sister. Some dancing games, musical chairs, and then time for the piñatas. One for the girls and one for the boys, so smart because those boys were ruthless!







Uncle Alvaro helped Maykel with the piñatas, and then enjoyed carrying him around for a minute. Maykel was ALL SMILES! All day!!

I was home by sunset, a couple hours loving on my neighborhood boys, showing support and love to the family, feeling so blessed to be asked.

Feliz Cumpleanos Maykel, que dios te bendiga mijo.
stay tuned, the adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment