Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Day old bread

With a husband who is a bread fiend, we often have day old bread around, and bread pudding is one dessert I can do in the crockpot. Last time I made it, I snapped some pictures and will walk you thru it. 


It all started with my need for cinnamon. In Spanish cinnamon is Canela, and when I was looking to refill my empty shaker jar, I came across a couple different options in town. The polvo (powdered) is what I was looking for, but the "shreds" I thought could come in handy as well. 

Grease the inside of the crock with butter, tear up six slices of bread, sometimes I add a sliced banana, and it's just a hint of banana flavor. (Other fruit would be wonderful too)


Whisk sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg (if desired) vanilla, milk, and eggs. Since living in South America, where desserts are not as sweet as the US, I have cut the sugar in the recipe. (I use only 1cup brown sugar)





Pour mixture over torn bread, poking all bread down into liquid. Cover and cook low for 3-4 hours. 

So good! I made some and took to Nexar at the bakery and also served it for dessert once when the family came for lunch. I'm sure he wondered where all the bread went we bought! 

Recipe as written...


Hope you are all well, thanks for joining us on our adventure...stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment