Translate

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Busy week

Well, the word is out...Gringa Peggy will go to your birthday party, if you know her. I was invited to two this weekend, and am now well stocked with carmelos. Every kid, or gringa, gets a goodie bag, not to mention all the snacks and dinner served, parties arent cheap no matter where you live. Pictures, alas are being held hostage on my new phone, so stay tuned.

I was given half an old pool lounger cushion, and have been making chair pads. I also found out cheap twin mattresses are $20 in Charapoto, that could make quite a number of cushions.

And the other chair, paint finished, and seat cushion, I do plan on varnishing both of these chairs, probably in the next few days, I try to save and do several pieces at once. These "manufactured" chairs are very popular, or at least they were back 20 years or so ago. Javier who builds for us, also scavenges, and comes up with things.

Also note the side table with the decoupage paper napkin top, painted and varnished. Finally found out the pedestal is from an old pool table. Chevre! (Cool)

Also commissioned from Javier, finally completed, delivered and painted this week. Very cool bamboo planters. They are formed around what appear to be paint cans, and buckets, so cool! Recycling!!

The kids came over this morning and wanted to paint, so I had them scavange some boards, and gave them the idea that Dia de la Madre was next week. I offered suggestions of sun, flowers and butterflies, and let them play. Towards the end I helped even out lop sided hearts, and touched up letters, we put them in the sun to dry and made hangers from twine. I was just getting things cleaned up and Alanis returned with fresh ceviche for lunch her Abuela had made. Mi gusta!

Another week, and month gone! Geez I hardly know May is here...Another beautiful day, Perry and I heading out for an early morning low tide beach walk. What a blessing. I am blessed to have such a life, get to paint cool stuff, and with cool kids. Be part of this fun family friendly community, being healthy and happy...so stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment