Translate

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Treasure from the Ocean

If someone would have told us five years ago when we dreamed up this crazy plan, that we would be scavenging art supplies from the beach and MAKING money...well, we would have said "Yippee"! But let me tell you, the clay and sculpting has become, overwhelming! The possibilities are just endless!!!

So last time I spoke of Mike starting to paint his clay creations, here are some...



And after I got to them...



More of his painting...




And more collaboration...


 
Still painting pendants...


And the newest addition to the clay family...drum roll please...



Mini plants! 


Some are plant stakes, and others have their own pots.


Some are crazy, like the octopus tentacles here, and others are lifelike.


We are thinking candle and incense holders, different plaques and wall hangings. The mixed media has turned out to be so cool! I especially love using driftwood, painting on reclaimed wood, and using sticks and branches. My newest work in progress...





This is one of those huge starfish we were given before the earthquake. We dried them forever, painted them and they still stink! I thought I would put it on this starburst and hang outside, but it was just too brittle, oh well...one more thing Mike will have to make from clay. So this starburst will wait for a sun face, but I'm happy with how it turned out.    

So many things in the works! I didn't even show you the finished signs I was commissioned to paint for The Cottages, next time. So, as always...stay tuned, the adventure continues!








No comments:

Post a Comment