Translate

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Feliz Navidad

Let me tell you, it really is difficult to get "in the Christmas spirit" when it's 80 degrees! I went to the mall in Bahia the other day, and you really didn't know it was Christmas there either, no music! Very little decorations in our small little town, a frivolous expense, so I understand...it just takes some getting used to. (Don't get me wrong, I HATE the capitalism and frenzy of the holiday in the States, so this is nice)


Our little town doesn't even have a Christmas tree, but San Clemente does...and will probably have crazy festivities there tonight, but we will stay home. Quiet is more our style.



They used the same tree form as last year, but did ribbon instead of the plastic bottles. San Clemente also does a large nativity, out doing themselves from year to year...


This year a fountain! (Last year they added the water feature in the form of a creek, complete with alligator, maybe it was supposed to be mangroves.)


This is a great picture of my home town at Christmas, you can take the girl from the beach, but oh wait! I'm still AT THE BEACH! 


So, Feliz Navidad! Hope wherever you are, you are happy and feeling loved. And stay tuned...the adventure continues!



No comments:

Post a Comment