Translate

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

New Job: Parade Coordinator

I was recently asked to help coordinate the expats for the opening parade for Carnaval in San Jacinto. I said I would and got to thinking...I came up with the idea that most of the expats have wheels; bikes, trikes, scooters and quads, why not decorate them and call it good? Music, throw candy?


I posted a request on the resident Facebook page and many people were on board, so, I scheduled a tissue paper pom pom and streamer making party and we were well on our way.

Sunday after Meiers Bloody Mary breakfast we all sat at my house with little instruction, and some adult beverages and made our decorations. What a hoot.



We made over 30 streamers, and as many pom pom flowers. Some people took theirs home, and some will decorate while we wait for the parade to start. The parade is on Feb 8 and I will put one more plea for participants on Facebook, to see if I need to make more decorations. So far I think we only have a dozen people riding, there are waaaay more expats with wheels.


It has been fun, and relatively stress free, I am glad I was asked to help and will most likely do it again...so stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment