Translate

Monday, January 22, 2018

Another Restaurant job

Everyone is trying to get things spruced up before Carnaval, so I have been busy, the latest restaurant job took me two plus days, but I did get food, drink and paid $30. As always I got an idea of what they wanted, then found some pictures to show what I thought I could pull off...and as often, they wanted more.

The first day was a Thursday, and I started at 9, worked inside the bar area, got most of it done, and was ready to quit by 4.




The next day I had hair clients scheduled, and had thought I may go in the afternoon, but it was so sunny, I figured starting fresh in the morning would be best. I had forgotten to take the picture of the finished wall, and when I arrived the next morning, well...nobody told me they were putting a shelf up top. (The big shelf I had to work around) “lo que se” (whatever)


This was the end of the day outside. Again, they wanted letters, which really take a long time, and I had some scary ladder stuff to contend with, but it was a nice overcast day. Started at 9 and got tired and sloppy, and stopped around 4. Had to go back Sunday morning to finish the letters, and I ended up adding a few more things. About 16 hours total...



Saturday was a busy beach and restaurant day, many people stopping and watching, asking if I wanted a beer, but with the dangerous working conditions, I had to decline. I did have fun, and enjoyed every minute. Below...my “office”, does NOT suck



And the finished product, I can see I need to work on scale, and depth...but hey, it’s what you get for $10 a day...hahaa. It is very noticeable from the beach, and I know they are happy with it and the inside. Last week, I had another job at a friends house, and will post next...so stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment