Translate

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Beautiful Gifts

I am not getting rich with my painting, not by a long shot...but I am enjoying the praise I am getting, and the smiles from the locals. A restaurant in San Jacinto recently asked me to paint some murals; at one time my friend Leo was managing this restaurant and I painted for him, so I guess they knew I was cheap. We had agreed upon $20 for two half walls. Again, I came up with the design, knowing what I could accomplish in the time frame.

We actually had to reschedule a couple times, because business was slow, and they did not have the money. Even on the day agreed, upon arrival with my paints, they said they did not have the money, but I was there, so I was going to paint. ( had even taken a $2 taxi, my paintbox isnt light) We decided I would paint for breakfast lunch and then some...



The space was small, but way awkward, and I dealt with rain in the morning, and full sun in the afternoon. I had not planned on words, but they wanted ‘em, so I actually had to go back the next day...I love my (nonpaying) job! But, that is true ecuadorean fashion, give a finger, and they want your shoulder!

I had to go back and get my paints the next week, and he did say he knew he owed me more meals...so there is that, and boy did I not see everyone and their brother while painting on the malecon! (Smile)

Tomorrow I go to paint another restaurant, family of this one, but he assures me I am getting paid, AND fed. Bonus, today as I was carrying by paintbox from the taxi to the restaurant, a couple ladies recognized me from the newspaper...hahaa, so famous!!


Here are some more beautiful gifts I painted for my friend Leo. He is starting a memorial garden, and these are to remember important loved ones. We hung them amongst special trees and plants at his mothers house.


These are some Christmas presents I made for friends. Petals of plastic soda bottles, and beer bottle tops. The latter, a little plainer. They both were loved. Mural tomorrow, and so much more...the creativity just flows here at the beach, so stay tuned...the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment