Translate

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Deffen what?

Over a year ago we came across a large plant stalk on someone's garbage platform, being the plant person I am, I grabbed it and took it home. Upon looking it up I realized it was a Dieffenbachia plant and I'd had them before, super easy. I stuck the three foot stalk in a bucket of water and waited...before too long I had roots, and so planted it. It thrived, and eventually sent up sucker plants, then the other day...tragedy occurred...or did it?


Mike walked in the bedroom, and the whole top had broken off and was lying on the ground! But! Never fear, with such a prolific grower, this just means I have more plants!


I stuck the top in this bamboo planter, and voila! New really large plant! After the earthquake I found another large stalk that had been broken, I brought it home and cut it into chunks, and Holy Dieffenbachia BatMan!


We have it outside...


We have it in the living room...


In the kitchen...


another one in the bedroom...

And I gave a couple away as gifts! Geez, I wish more plants were that happy here, I've struggled finding what will endure the salt air, even if we were half a block back our outdoor plants would be happier, but I'm not complaining. Just one more thing to learn...so stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment