Translate

Monday, March 25, 2019

Wedding Celebration

An expat recently married an Ecuadorean and I helped host a pool party for them yesterday. My biggest help was in the decorations, I knew I could do some things on the cheap, so nobody had to spend a lot of money,  first I looked at Pinterest, then my fabric stash.

I came up with the idea of streamers from scraps of fabric and when I realized what colors I had the  most of, a theme was started. (Also turned out to be the brides favorite colors) Patty went to the big city and bought some ready made things, and thought she was buying tissue paper, but it turned out to be felt, no problem, I said I can work with that. So Saturday I spent making felt flowers and strips of fabric for the streamers. Both turned out lovely, if I do say so myself.

We had guests bring their own beer and wine and a snack food, not to mention their bathing suits. Weather called for rain, but the day was perfect! And a wonderful celebration of fun and love.

Vicky, the bride and many pool goers

Towards the end of the afternoon, there were probably more than 50 people there. Expat and Ecuadorean. This house was recently completed, and is a great place to host a party, I brought my umbrella for more shade, and we borrowed chairs.

Elections are over, and life gets back to normal...and one happy couple start a new life together. So, Stay tuned...the adventure continues!


No comments:

Post a Comment