Translate

Monday, December 11, 2017

The battle of the Fleas

What a mess! I had to throw a mattress over the balcony and sleep downstairs, because the fleas were so bad upstairs. On Tuesday I purchased Borax and Salt mixed them together, and sprinkled it liberally everywhere upstairs. And retreated to live downstairs for the next ??? Up to two weeks, I was told.



I stayed downstairs for two days, and when I went back up, the population was dramatically decreased, but the salt had absorbed all the moisture it could, and I didnt think it was working anymore. I didnt have anyone going to the big city for more Borax, so I just bought more table salt, and in another day I was able to go upstairs without a single flea jumping on me. (Good thing too, it was hot downstairs)


Perry was a problem, as well. He was only upstairs for a minute, but he had tons of them. I made him a salt bath, but it was very awkward, ex-street dogs arent huge fans of baths. But I remembered a pool We found recently, and I had an idea...this isnt the pool, but it is very similar. Concrete, and the ocean water fills it everytime it comes over the rocks at hightide. There was quite a bit of sand on the bottom, so we could stand and he could soak.



He wasnt crazy about it, but it helped his flea population too, we are going every other day. A little unconvienent but cheap fix, glad I had a downstairs to retreat to, $4.30, better than $70 the exterminator wanted for the first treatment. Learn something new everyday, so stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment