Translate

Thursday, December 7, 2017

A couple of things from Facebook


I often run across intersting things in my Facebook news feed, as it is almost all local Ecuadorean these days...well today I almost fell off my chair, when what did I see? ME! In a news story...haha, I'd actually forgotten I had talked to this young man one day while painting.


Translation of the article

 The tranquility of the sea enamoró
Would he return to the US? - No never Why? - It's perfect here! Express Peggy Adams.

Wednesday 06 December 2017 | 04:00

Adams does not change San Jacinto for anything, he does not think about returning to his native California, in the United States. Consider that this beach has it all.


 
He has been a resident for four years in these sectors of the Charapotó parish in Sucre canton.
He lived for two months in Crucita, but the tranquility of San Jacinto and San Clemente made her stay there.
With his brush he shaped a large multicolored fish. In the United States, she cut hair at a hairdresser, in San Jacinto she takes care of pets and paints murals. "Here I also cut hair to gringos," he adds, laughing.
The citizen considers that the climate is perfect and the beach is her complement, also believes that the costs of food and housing are very economical unlike the United States.
"It's really cold at the moment," explains the American. The temperature in California is between 7 and 8 degrees below zero, while in Manabí from 22 to 25 degrees.

 
During her stay, she has vacationed in Quito, Cuenca and Manta, but the beaches of Sucre, her Creole food, seafood and tranquility do not let her return to her hometown.


Other cute photos I found recently from a school play. I absolutly love the costumes, Pinochio, and our little buddy Zadkiel as one of the dwarves...wish I could have been there.



And a group of touring artists from several countries doing what they do best up in Bahia to the north. Wow, put my little fish/whale to shame! Check out these truly talented artists!









Looks like I need some more practice! And I do have some new jobs coming up, the restuarant next week, and a plea for some more furniture pieces...so stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment