Translate

Monday, December 18, 2017

Coastal Christmas

It never "feels" like Christmas here, for a couple reasons...one obviously is the warm weather, and two the small amount of Christmas decorations around town. I learned early that decorations, of ANY kind are a frivolous expense, and in the past almost four years, they have come down in price, it is not something that every house on the block has.

After my battle with the fleas, I thought maybe I would build a tree, and decorate. These are ornaments I made the past couple years, the tree was fast, and cheap, hahaa free...



And I made a wreath for the front door. Mom had brought these napkins from IKEA, and they worked. Cardboard base, and cut and glued the napkins on.


Every year San Clemente has a Nativity scene, and large tree in the Center. This year the Nativity got bigger and more elaborate, and the tree was made of plastic water bottles. It takes a village...

I cant get this to cooperate, so will end this post here. Enjoy your holidays, whatever your weather. Rememeber the reason for the season and give the gift of Love. Stay tuned...my adventure continues.




No comments:

Post a Comment