Translate

Monday, June 12, 2017

Speaking of Gifts


My newest thing is being commissioned for House signs. It really isnt as popular here as in Mexico, or other Latin countries, but the Gringas like their house to have a name. (Might as well, we have no addresses)

Patricia who helped with Perry, wanted me to make one for another Gringa who was buying her first house, after many years of renting. She told me what name, and "lots of colors"... front, and bonus back



When Patricia gave this wonderful gift, two people in the crowd, promptly asked who painted it, and within a couple days I had two more orders. Again, got the name wanted, and jist of their idea. But really I run with it...


New Beginnings, and one for our old landlord Dave. His tenant liked it so much, he asked about prices for my murals...hmmm.

another picture I found, I forgot to post. Sign for Debbie's house, when she moved back full time. The board is decoupaged with paper napkins. (She loves red)


Oh, and one more I made for Kimberly for her Birthday last month... (made one for me too)


My current project is for Cynthia and her jungle yoga retreat. This was my original gift to her, when we visited for the open house last year.


And three of the four commissioned for the yoga studio, they are still in process..


At $20 a sign, I would say Im doing pretty well. Did talk to another Ecuadorean muralist, sign painter and he told me my price for Freddie was waaay too low. So, I will up my price to $35 for a mural (per day).

so...as always stay tuned, the adventure continues!