Translate

Monday, November 2, 2020

Never a dull moment

There is a group of expats and ecuadorean people across the river in Crucita who are helping raise funds to spay and neuter the animals. They recently found a pregnant dog whose "owners" did not want to deal with puppies, and were going to dump her, so she was posted on Facebook.  I reached out, and said I would foster her and pups until they could be adopted, she was being delivered Saturday.  Well...Thursday night, as Im making dinner, I hear a kitten crying, she was up in one of my trees!



I got her down from the tree and brought her inside. Mia was less than pleased and slept outside.  Kitten slept on my pillow. She stuck around all day, very closely and I named her Mona, feminine for monkey, well, she was in the tree. :)






Friday night there was fighting, and when I awoke, Mia was in bed with me, and Mona was not to be found. But wait! A little while later I get a message, that my neighbor Pam has here in her yard, so she was returned. Great...

She is a super sweet kid, not skittish of people, but if Mia isnt going to warm up, we may need to find her a home. Now on to the mama dog...





She is a year or so, infested with fleas and other creepy crawlers, and sweet as well. I'm playing with names, but so far she is just Mamacita...



She let me pick some bugs off her, and I will bathe her today with dish soap, as I have to be careful of what to put on her because of the pregnancy.  



Even though she is pretty rolly polly, and short legged, she can still maneuver and jump on the furniture.  Here, trying to get the catfood I had to put up on the table.



I have never had puppies, but after the #notmykittens last year, as long as Mama sticks around, we should be fine. Ive been reading up, and will start to gather supplies, could be anyday...




So...stay tuned, the adventure continues!



No comments:

Post a Comment