Translate

Thursday, November 14, 2019

You never know what you might find

One night early last month I woke just after midnight and heard kittens crying. As the morning wore on, everytime I turned over, I heard those kittens, so when I got up for the bread man at 6:30 I looked to see if I could find them. It did not take long, and I could tell they had been abandoned by people.





I took them home and looked around for something to put them in,  Toby (Perry's BFF) helped.

A quick Google search and I realized they were around 7-10 days old, and I was going to have a LOT of work ahead of me. I made a quick emergency formula of cows milk and egg yolk (per Google) and at least got them something in their belly. 





I needed milk replacement powder and I knew I would not find that in town, so I had to get the bus to Charapoto. I got there and back within an hour and they were fast asleep...of course not for long. I purchased a bottle with the milk powder, but it was not very helpful, the nipple too big and these guys were tiny. 



A friend in San Clemente lives near a popular dumping site, and has fostered numerous motherless litters so he offered to bring me the bottle they found works best. He gave me a crash course on how to feed, and instigate elimination (wow, who knew?) And their sexes.  I had already pretty much figured out who was what by watching them all day. Two boys, and 3 girls...




Feeding time, which was every couple hours, for five!! Was a chore, the new bottle was a dream, but they would only suck for a minute, then in another couple minutes would want more,  but of course I had moved on to feeding another one...ugh! I was NOT CUT OUT FOR THIS! 



Perry's face says it all...this was a lot of work, and we have very little patience...so stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment