Translate

Friday, November 15, 2019

#notmykittens

So, the running joke with Toby was #notmydog  and well, now we have #notmykittens.  They slept thru the night, as long as nobody was moving around. Daytime too, they ate and slept. The two boys were trouble makers and one in particular did not sleep well and would wake up the rest. I named him Gritón,  loudmouth in spanish.



They quickly started climbing out of the box, and were wobbling around. Perry and Toby kept themselves out of the way, spending a lot of time outside. Bottle feeding was a big job,  it took about an hour to get everyone full and then they would sleep an hour or so and it would start over again. ( I even had to take them to a party, as I was helping set up and was going to be gone many hours)



I couldn't wait for them to be able to feed themself, so as soon as I realized they were getting teeth I tried...it was a miserable failure. Another week or so of bottle feeding, grrr.



Eventually they were pottying on their own, and climbing around. Mostly on me. A couple times I thought of throwing them in the ocean, what little patience I have, was certainly tested! 



I made a litter box, and was amazed they knew how to use it, doesn't mean they did use it everytime,  but I was impressed. Finally too they started eating soggy kitten kibble with tuna oil,  I had had them maybe 3 weeks. 


Whew, that made feeding time a whole lot different. (I had had to put colored string on the girls, because all three of them were tiger striped and I couldnt tell who had been bottle fed) Now we were spending time outdoors,  and since they had no mom to wash them (I drew the line at tongue baths) they were oily and looked like urchins! So bathtime it was...not too bad, and drying in the sun


Not long after the bath, the three trouble makers disappeared,  I had moved them to the porch (house was just too small for litterbox) and one day I came home and they were gone.  My heart was broken. I went looking for them, but never did find the boys. I did hear the girl crying the next day and found her, but she only stayed another week then left again.



I figure they were old enough, and in good shape, hopefully someone picked them up. Usually the wild kittens aren't socialized, but these definitely wanted to be with people, so fingers crossed Gritón,  JerkO and Princessa are alive and well. Stay tuned, the adventure continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment