Translate

Friday, March 30, 2018

Will work for food

For the most part when an Ecuadorean asks me to do a paint project, I offer to work for food. While house sitting, one of the local surfers came down and asked me if I could paint a couple signs for him. He wrote down what he wanted, and I told him when they would be ready.


He apparently fixes surfboards, and wanted people to keep the beach clean. When he came to pick them up, I was in the middle of moving, so I just told him they were a gift, and he said he would catch me sometime...maybe, but I doubt it.

Most recently some kids found me sitting on the porch at Jerri’s and asked if I could paint some pictures for them. They had a deadline, by the 6th of April, and I said no problem, and then we figured out what they wanted. Three boards with pictures, no words, one of the Cabana restaurants, one with a sunset, and one with the mangrove tower. To be delivered to the Golden Dragon Restaurant down the beach.


Still not quite sure if they are just decoration for the restaurant, or if they are raffle prizes or what, but...I will work for food, and that is all that matters. I really love being asked, and like having a project to work on. So...stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment