Translate

Saturday, November 11, 2017

This week's paid work

On Sunday I went and cut three young boys hair, while there, the mother asked if I would be up for a painting challange. I said sure, and she emailed me the project. The funny thing was just that morning I had searched and saved a very similar idea, and so was very eager to play. Her wish, was for me to replicate the paint treatment after she had the board routered.


What her routered board looked like when I got it on Wednesday afternoon.


Work in progress...




Finished project was very well recieved, and will be the focus in an office being filmed by House Hunters International this week. When she brought me this fish, she also brought me two others and asked if I could work some magic (again, in like 24hrs) I said sure, because it is always nice to be working on something else while you are waiting for paint to dry. We agreed on $100, and I set to work.


Their business logo...


And during...


And added a little black to the trees and gave the water more depth on the other, Lynn and I were very happy with the results.



Wow! That was kind of a rush, but I made it in good time, she picked them up at 3:30 on Thursday, before the 5pm deadline. The other project I started and finished this week, was a house sign commissioned by some new comers. They named their house Casa Moringa, after the miracle plant Moringa, they gave me artistic license, and after thinking about it decided to look up what the leaf looked like.


Ok, I can work with that! I put little moringa leaves all over the weathered chunk of wood, in all colors and then painted the name over the top. Coat of varnish, and a hanger and it is ready for pick up. Welcome to the neighborhood friends!


Well, as if that wasnt enough! I got the logo painted on the wall in the salon. Seeing it in pictures, I see some tweaking is needed, but I am pleased! Gosh, what to do next week? So...stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment