Translate

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Dog Days

One of the jobs I am able to accept being single, is House and pet sitting. One of my haircut clients recently asked me to house and dog sit for two weeks, so here I am. But, my story starts before I started...Perry and I walked down the beach to San Jacinto, half way to the Boca last Saturday to have Perry and I meet Dottie, Jerri's dog. Perry and I then went to Mike's new house, and we had lunch. Well, when Mike was walking previous to our lunch date, he had a female follow him home...who then, after lunch, yep you guessed it...followed ME HOME! Meet Marla...



A very sweet girl, rather persistant...she turned out to be house trained, and upon inspection, has had her nails clipped. I took her to the local El Norte bar Meiers, but could not pawn her off on anyone. So, I put a harness on her and was talking her to SJ with me, to give her back to Mike when I went to house sit...but she disappeared, and was MIA when my ride was due. So, Marla (who may be pregnant) is someone else's problem...



Perry was a good sport, but very jealous...and then what do I do? After having a house guest for two nights, uproot him and take him into another dogs house. What a trooper!




This is Dottie, She is a rescue as well, similar in age to Perry, and also very sweet. Loves to cuddle and is good on walks. No early morning feeding schedules, and a breeze to care for. She is on a walking schedule, which I have actually really enjoyed, getting to see the nearby neighborhoods, I have never explored before. This house is owned by my friend Cynthia with the hotel property in the jungle, so I have been here several times, and know some neighbors. San Jacinto, after all is not that big...




Dottie has allowed Perry to sleep with us the past couple nights, and they romp and play in the courtyard during the day. I have been painting a mural on the garage, and will show you when its finished...so, stay tuned, the adventure continues!


No comments:

Post a Comment