Translate

Monday, January 4, 2016

Feliz Ano!

I'd forgotten since last year, but around here people just say "Happy year!". Whatever you say, hope 2016 will find everyone happy and healthy!


We are usually up and down with the sun, and New Year's Eve was no exception...we went to a pool party, and had every intention on going home early afternoon to nap, but it didn't happen. I woke up once at 10, and should have gotten up, but I didn't and the next time I woke was 12:06 to fireworks.

Not the first time, and probably not the last we have missed the ringing in of the new year, oh well.

The beach has been jumping for the week between holidays, but yesterday afternoon it got quieter and quieter as the out of towners packed up and headed home. And now, the beach is back to its tranquilo self, and we are happy to have it.


Last nights sunset didn't disappoint, I never get tired of this view! 

The next big deal is Carnivale, apparently in early February this year, so I have a little over a month to get some inventory made. I've decided to open a little gift shop in Centro (and by open I mean ask if the tiendas want to make a percentage to sell my items from there). I'll make some shell wall hangings, wind chimes and painted driftwood signs, guess I better get busy! 


We want to get together with our Manta people soon  and continue learning Spanish. Actually 2016 probably won't be too different for us, beach walks, collecting shells, fruit trucks, smoothies, cold cervezas, and sunsets. And if I want to sell anything at Carnivale, I know what I'll be doing for the next couple weeks, so stay tuned! The adventure continues...

Feliz Ano!



No comments:

Post a Comment