Translate

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Recent paintings

It has sure been awhile since I posted any of my artwork, so it is time. The past week I have been working slowly on this massive piece for my neighbors.  They brought it from the beach, and I realized it was full of termites, they still wanted to use it, so I poisoned the termites, then got to work. They have neem trees too, so named their house Casa Neem. Just needs varnish and to hang. Definitely the biggest house sign Ive done, it was fun. (Those are neem leaves)




Before Covid I was asked to paint some signs for the young environmentalist group in San Jacinto, they were doing a beach clean up, and wanted to post signs along the beach and malecon. I always love a project, even if I dont get paid. 








Also made a mother's day gift for a friends aunt. She loves to cook, and spends much time in her kitchen. Again, didnt get paid, but her smile and hug was payment enough. People just like to know they are being thought of. 




A coat of varnish today on the neem sign, then a group of us are going up to Canoa for the day. Beaches are finally open and we hear there is an art fair. Last year we went there were about 20 vendors, but with Covid I doubt there will be that many. So...stay tuned, the adventure continues. 




No comments:

Post a Comment