Translate

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Getting settled

With moving comes challenges, learning curves and well...lessons to learn, some the hard way. Three days after moving in, I got locked out, finally got in, wont tell yall how..but needless to say am very careful these days. 

I have been painting the bedroom and craft area of the house, and waiting for my closet and shelving...Im beginning to think they are not being made, and will have to go over and check. But, so far...before pic of the room. Curtain is a bathroom, which now has a door, and I am using for a closet.



And my bed area after...




The white door is another bathroom, which I do use. Have also been working outside, transplanting the plants from the other house and moving the rocks bordering the flowerbeds.  Had just enough to ring another fire pit.









The problem now is my water source. I am on city water, and have a cistern, but from there the water goes to a tank on the roof. So in essence my water is gravity fed, it all works, toilets flush, faucets have water, but the stream is not strong. Hence why I have had to do laundry and water the plants with a bucket. The hose basically gives a trickle, and it will fill a bucket very slowly, or I scoop water out of the cistern with the bucket. This was how I have done laundry,  4 buckets of water per wash, and again for rinse...whew, still better than by hand.

Apparently the pump I have (which  I still cant find) is just big enough to get the water from cistern to tank, and then its job is done,  all good and fine for maybe a vacation house, but I am living here full time, gotta change that situation. 




Mia and Perry love the new house, no more issues with scary tile floor, and Mia is really loving the trees. Snatching baby birds from their  own nests and torturing lizards and small snakes.




Always something to do, couple paint projects on the horizon, so stay tuned, the adventure continues!




1 comment:

  1. You may or may not have a booster pump somewhere in your house. However the fact that you have a cistern makes me think that you do. In my last house in Cuenca it was located under my laundry tray. A couple of points: The cistern is intended as a reserve storage source for when the town source is down. The pump supplies pressure whenever the town system pressure is to low to give you water.
    The roof tank is intended as an alternate low pressure source when there is no power to run the pump. It uses gravity so that you will at least have water for your toilet and/or a dribbly shower. Tomorrow I'll dig out some old schematics and explanations and forward to you so that you may understand how your water system works. Armed with this info, you should be able to work with a local plumber to sort out your problem

    ReplyDelete