Translate

Monday, March 30, 2020

Quarantine projects

I have been trying to keep busy while bannished to the house and yard for the past 16 or so days...my first project was painting a wall in the kitchen. Then the floor, which meant moving my shelving unit, which meant taking everything off and washing it all. It also meant finally getting the black hole that is under my sink organized. Awww, much better!





The next day I decided to do the other wall, and am very happy with the results.






I only had two rollers,  and were using them for the floor, so I had to use a brush, but I  like the textured look it gave. Keeps in the rustic-ness of the house. The window valance is what inspired the color scheme, and take note the valance was a skirt my mom brought one year. If the hardware stores werent closed, I would continue on, and finish the floor in the liv room, but hardware is non essential...

I brought in a table from outdoors, and had planned on sewing projects,  but havent got there yet. I hear there is time...how many more weeks of quarantine?

Yesterday I needed to change the sheets, which meant a good cleaning of the bedroom. Changed curtains, thinking paint, duh...and had to fix the window screen because the cat is using it to climb in and out. I had some tree trunks in the yard, from when the fence was built, brought one in the house, wrapped some burlap around it...and voile! A tree ramp for Mia



It takes her to the top where the ceiling and walls dont quite meet, and she can get in and out as she pleases. She also is using it to sharpen her nails. When the hardware stores open again, I will buy some rope and wind it around in some places for more traction. But for now, it works! Always something more to come, so stay tuned...the adventure continues. 




No comments:

Post a Comment