Translate

Monday, March 23, 2020

Ecuador under quarantine

It dawned on me this afternoon, as Im sitting in front of the fan cooling off from my quarantine puttering...that I needed to write about this. It reminds me very much of the transportation strike we had months ago...that I meant to write about,  and never did. Oops. So, here we are. Ecuador, well...Manabi under quarantine.  One word, QUIET. Very little traffic, and even tho everyone is at home, very little music. No vendors, no buses and town is void of the normal hustle and bustle. Two tiendas are open (in SJ), and several restaurants for delivery only.

These are the latest numbers.



The province with the most cases is now under military rule. They just would NOT STAY HOME!

Large cities, Manta, Guayaquil et al have 2pm curfew. Ours here on the coast, in small town is 7pm and the police come by at night, about 7:15 with a loud speaker to remind you. Stiff fines if found out after curfew, hundreds of dollars and possibly months in jail.

Our closest case has been reported in Charapoto, a doctor from Guayaquil recently came. Hopefully he had been self isolating,  but we have no idea at this point. 

I have been doing well with completing projects. Painted a wall in my kitchen, and the floor in there as well. Made room for the sewing machine,  and will get out some fabric tomorrow. Wish I could go visit, but am happy to be getting some things done around the house. Will keep you all posted, stay home, and safe and  as always, stay tuned, the Adventure continues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment