Translate

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Busy time of year

North America is not the only place busy in the last months of the year, we dont have all the consumerism as the States, but busy it is. We recently had a new Cruise ship facility opened in Manta, what looks like a beautiful building to welcome tourists to our shores.



We also had the 6th annual Appreciation dinner held by Coacmes, the local Coopertiva Bank. The dinner is for the expats who choose to live and do business here in Manabi. A bus from Crucita, the town across the river and to the south brought a bunch of people, and it was a very nice free evening. Since I live very close to the hotel where the dinner was held, I had my “tribe” over for drinks first. The hotel actually owns my little casita, so I felt obligated to go, it was my first time, not disappointed. Food, drinks and entertainment was wonderful.




In San Clemente they always do a large Christmas tree in the center of town, this year it was made of plastic water bottles again, but different. We all joined after dinner one Saturday night to watch the lighting and erecting of the tree. Such a nice small town feel, that Im sure used to take place in the States way back when.




And it is still busy, I very recently got asked to help gather donations for the children of San Jacinto’s Christmas, a little late, as San Clemente has been collecting all year. We have 17 expats living in San Jacinto, and I was only able to collect $100...sad. Next year I will open an account at the Coacmes in town, and ask that people do a monthly donation of $10 all year so when we need it, it is there. (Many expats donated to SC, thinking they were collecting for ALL the villages, but alas...not the case)

We had our first rain last night, and yesterday was a very hot day, we can tell the weather is changing. But...Quito had snow a week ago...wow, better them than me!



As for Perry and I, we are busy with sewing and painting projects, house sitting, and trying to take off some extra pounds I somehow picked up...grrr. Biking to San Clemente today for bagging of Christmas candy and haircuts...so stay tuned, the Adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment