Translate

Thursday, October 11, 2018

House sitting in Quito

My friends who lived on the boca in San Jacinto moved to Cumbaya, just southeast of Quito in May. They knew they had a trip planned to the States in October, so booked me to house and dog sit, and here I am. I tried to find a cheap ride, so I could bring Perry, but it was not to be, so he is staying with Jerri and Dottie. I got a $10 bus and $15 taxi from the station, and 7 or so hours later I had arrived. My friends did not fly out for several days, so we got to visit and they showed me some of their favorite places. So many choices!


The blue dot, is where the house is. I will have to walk over and check out the resevoir, they said there are walking trails. The weather is crazy to me, I have been living on the coast where the weather changes very little, here...it gets down to 47F at night, then up to almost 80F in the day, if the sun is out. I am going thru multiple clothing changes in a day, and often cold in the house. It is dry as well, my nose, lips and skin are screaming. The altitude too is troublesome, not as bad as Quito city, we are lower, but stairs, and walking up hill is a chore. Moving too fast, makes me winded.



The first couple days were beautiful blue skies, but this week has been overcast with slight showers. I am longing for the blue sunny skies again. It is so quiet here, I realized yesterday when I heard a gardener, I have not heard any street vendors loud speakers, but hear weed eaters and lawn mowers instead.


Daisy has the right idea, and anytime the sun is out, I too will be sitting in it. Time flies, and I know I will be back to the beach soon enough...but brrrrr!! No gusta. Making plans with Lucia, my friend who lives near here and have a couple friends who say they will come visit for a couple days...so stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment