Translate

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Cumbaya Ecuador

It has been 20 days I have been in Cumbaya, and I can not wait to get back to the beach! It is a nice little town, with weekend nightlife and a pretty little park. I know I said in my last post about the weather, it gets down to 40's at night, and slowly warms in the day. 50 is still too cold for coffee outside, (at 8am) I want the beach!!!



I had a german friend come up for almost a week, she was shopping for things not easily found in SC, but alas...even tho this is a bigger city, it is still Ecuador, and some items are just not available. Nicole and never been to Quito, but I was not interested in sightseeing, as I did that last year, and the altitude does effect me, so we just hung out around Cumbaya. There is an old railroad track they made into walking paths, and is very nice.


Visited the german bakery and had some good sausages, another day had some disappointing Shawarma. Thought about having Sushi, but sticker price won out, and we ate at home. Friday we decided to check out the nightlife, we sat and enjoyed some live music, but the beers were expensive, so we headed home before 9pm. Nice outside patio, was beautiful when I ate lunch there the other day.


I get reports from home, Perry is fine and all is well. One more week and I will be back home and in my own bed. So, stay tuned, the adventure continues!


No comments:

Post a Comment