Translate

Friday, February 16, 2018

More Carnaval shenanigans

After the parade when I returned home to San Clemente I realized it was a crazy zoo. The neighbors who rented the house behind me had no power, so they hooked up the loudest generator in all the land, and finally at two oclock Saturday morning I had to go over and say...”enserio? Es muy bravo en mi dormatorio” so they turned it off. There were many people here, partying and having a good time, dancing in centro and beach parties, cars parked everywhere. I stayed in the weekend, but ventured back to San Jacinto for Monday night dancing.


The weather was actually wonderful, the beach goers had three days of sun, and the night time partiers didnt have rain til the wee hours. I spent the night at friend Jerri’s house, and the next day Tuesday, the finale of Carnavale we sat on the porch and watched...


we watched at least one tour bus and two trucks get stuck in the mud. The paved street was dry, but the dirt and sand “parking area” never did dry out. Lots of people stayed thru Tuesday, probably because the sun was shining. Since people were still in SJ, I figured that meant my loud neighbors were still in SC, so I decided to stay another night at Jerri’s...that turned out to be the wrong plan


This was the “after party” put on and attended by all the people who worked so hard over the past four or five days. Someone had said the ordinance stated they could play music til 3am...well, these crazy people didnt get the memo and it was after 5AM when the music finally stopped. I am glad they had such a good time, but a nap was certianly in my plans for Wednesday.

Low tide was around 10am, so Mr. P and I walked home, showered, made a snack and settled into a lazy tv day. Carnavale 2018 was SUCH a good time! dancing in the street with my beloved San Jacinto neighbors and friends, introducing Jerri to the people (we ate at “Blue Tent”) and enjoying our little town!

Now that the crowds have left, I have some houses to look at for rent...so stay tuned, the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment