Translate

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Jobs, big and small

After several big jobs were finished, I got to work on some smaller things I had been commissioned to do. It felt good to get some of these off the books, and was fun to work at home, on my schedule.

Patricia had asked for a small shelf for her kitchen, just big enough for a couple colored bottles on a chunk of white wall between her cabinets. After It was finished, she asked if I couldnt put “tremblor wires” so things wouldnt fall off during a shaker, a couple holes and some fishing line did the trick. My payment was a couple bottles of wine.


Another friend asked if I had ever made a floor lamp, funny you should ask, because I had been wanting to make lamps...first I tried my hand at making a lamp shade, needs some tweaking, but not bad for first attempt. (Used a cotton shirt)


Did not use the lamp shade, went another direction, and here is the final product. She was very happy with the beach vibe, recycled aspect and the price...$25




Friends Nancy and Mary recently moved into a new place, and I told them their christmas present would be something for the new house, after they moved, they told me they needed a key holder, so...


And then Nancy asked if I knew how to macrame...she had a spider plant that needed to hang, so I got started on that. Turns out, I DO know how to macrame (thanks Pinterest and Youtube).


It cost me all of two dollars to make, so I gave it as a house warming gift. But they do have a request for a plant stand, and I will recover and paint a loveseat they have for payment.

Meier who owns the local watering hole, had a baby with his ecuadorean wife in Dec, and another expat asked if I wouldnt make a name sign, it took a bit to get the name and birthdate, but after some thought I knew exactly what I would paint.


Meier is German, so the VW fit, and the license plate is little Torstens date of birth. Cute, if I do say so myself, and again getting paid in wine...

And a couple of gifts I was able to get finished, one for the expat who has started a salad dressing and bread making business...


and a birthday present for the Texan friend Laqueta, it seemed rather appropriate for them, and she loved it!


Well, that looks like it, yeah...Ive been busy. Tonight is the Parade, we awoke to dry roads (for a change) so we are keeping our fingers crossed we wont get rained out. So! Stay tuned, the adventure continues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment