Translate

Friday, October 13, 2017

Cake, Car accidents and Corn Princesses

Even before I moved here, I was looking forward to buying things from the truck vendors...one problem I couldnt understand what they were selling! Now, almost four years in, I know ALOT more spanish, and only every once in awhile can I not understand the man on the speaker. Well, last night the cake truck came thru, she yells " torte, torte, torte, chocolate torte" when the truck pulled up they had a large glass display case in the pickup bed and they were asking $1.50, I bought two, because extra cake is always nice...and this is what I got!


Two full cakes! Very moist and delicious with just the right amount of the marshmallow chantilly frosting. I posted on the Facebook residents page, and got a comment from a neighbor, they have Vanilla too! Well, next time.

Had quite an exciting afternoon the other day. It came to my attention, that some of our local surfers had been in a bad car accident. Patricia who has a truck, and is always helping aided in getting the boys to the clinic, and after we found out everyone was alive and well, went to get the car off the beach. Tide was coming in, and they didnt want it left, even though, Im sure it is totaled. I found it parked by my house later...7 young men, driving too fast on the beach, rolled and thank God it wasnt worse.



Tetanus shots and some bandages, Im so surprised there were no broken bones or stitches. Too much excitment...

I found this on Facebook, some very pretty costumes from the Charapoto festival parade. Charapoto is our farm community, and so harvest is always a big theme for the festival.




And some dancers in a parade in Bahia this past weekend.



So, while California is fighting wild fires, and the east is bracing for another hurricane, life in sunny little Ecuador goes on. Celebrating the bounties and praying our young stay safe. One day at a time, so stay tuned...the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment